EACH PAINTING IS UNIQUE
Angie Crabtree creates hand-painted portraits to commemorate special gems. Her clients vary from individuals to corporations, including companies in the jewelry industry. The artist uses the highest quality oils and paints on canvas or custom-shaped panels.
All commissioned paintings include professional in-progress photos as well as a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist, Angie Crabtree.
THE COMMISSION PROCESS
1. Please complete the form on this page.
2. We will respond with a quote and an estimated turnaround time. Please respond with your interest to continue the process.
3. If you wish to proceed, the artist, Angie Crabtree, will need reference photos of the gem(s) to be painted. We NEVER require the real gem. Please choose from one of two options to provide us with professional images:
- Option 1: If you wish to order a painting created from a photo of a specific diamond, the client’s ring would need to be shipped to our preferred gem photographer in NYC. Please note that the photo is complimentary, but the client is responsible for shipping & insurance.
- Option 2: If you wish to order a painting of a non-specific diamond (or are unable to ship your diamond to our photographer), Angie will create the painting using images of a similar stone. (Note: this option may not be possible if the stone is very rare).
4. Once the Commission Agreement is completed, and a 50% deposit is received, the artist will begin the painting.
5. You will receive your in-progress shots over a course of three to five months, and a completed photo for final approval of the painting. The painting is shipped once the balance is paid.
You will be contacted in 2 – 3 days with more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
ALL YOU MAY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COMMISSIONS
An “original” is a hand-made painting. They take Angie anywhere from 30 – 150 hours to create. They are made from scratch, using custom built canvases and panels, and painted in handmade oils on canvas. Every original has a painted signature, date, and comes with a hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity. To see which paintings are available for purchase, visit Originals.
These are “custom” original paintings created for clients. Size and price varies based on size, color and complexity. Turnaround time is 2-3 months. Visit Commissions for more information.
An official reproduction created by the artist. We sell limited-edition prints (signed & numbered) and open-edition prints (unlimited). All prints come with a signed Certificate of Authenticity. Visit Prints to see what prints are currently available.
Jewelry Industry clients often commission paintings to be completed live at events, and to use for their social media promotions and advertising. Clients have used the completed paintings in various ways, such as gifting for special clients, raffling off to a customer, auctioned off for a charity, or displaying in retail stores or headquarters.